The Outpatient Nutrition Program at Lenox Hill Hospital is staffed by registered dietitians who are specially trained to provide comprehensive care for a wide range of health issues through nutritious eating. We offer individual and group counseling for people dealing with chronic diseases, as well as those looking to achieve weight loss and overall wellness. Your dietitian will work with you and your healthcare team to develop a realistic and personalized plan to promote positive lifestyle choices and achieve your goals.
Our staff members hold degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities.
Therapies and services
Medical nutrition therapy visits we offer include:
- Weight loss/management
- Diabetes management
- Chronic kidney disease
- Heart disease/high cholesterol/high blood pressure
- Senior nutrition
- Gastrointestinal disorders (e.g., irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, Crohn's disease)
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Overall health and wellness
- Adolescent nutrition (12 years and older)
Services we offer include:
- Individual counseling
- Core4™ Weight Loss Program
- Resting metabolic rate breath analysis (indirect calorimetry)
- Community lectures
- Employee wellness events
Preparing for your visit
Please bring the following materials to your first appointment:
- A completed nutrition health history form. (Include a list of all your medications, vitamins and supplements with doses.)
- A completed food and activity record for three days. (Include your blood sugar readings if you have diabetes.)
- Any available blood work results from the past six months. (In general, we would like to assess your fasting lipid/cholesterol panel, blood glucose/ HgbA1c and vitamin status.)
- For insurance purposes, bring your written diagnosis/reason for visit from your physician, as well as a formal referral, if required. (Note: We accept most insurance plans, but this does not guarantee coverage. Please call your insurance company to ensure you have coverage for medical nutrition therapy, to ensure that your specific diagnosis is covered and to find out how many visits you are eligible for.) Click here for patient responsibility form.
- Your Core4 individual nutrition assessment.