The bariatric and metabolic surgery program at Lenox Hill Hospital is a world-renowned practice offering comprehensive services for patients with severe or class 3 obesity. Our multidisciplinary team—which includes bariatric surgeons who perform minimally invasive techniques, nutritionists, weight management counselors and psychologists—treats the emotional and physical demands of being overweight or obese.
The bariatric surgery program is staffed by three board-certified surgeons, each with more than 10 years of experience. Under the direction of Mitchell Roslin, MD, the program is leading the field in developing optimal procedures for bariatric surgery. The single-anastomosis duodenal switch, also called stomach intestinal pylorus sparing surgery (SIPS), is the fastest growing operation for obesity—and it was pioneered at our facility. Additionally, our center is involved in the design and implementation of novel endoscopic procedures and techniques that minimize or hide incisions and reduce or eliminate scarring.
Why choose us?
The bariatric and metabolic surgery program at Lenox Hill Hospital is a leader in the field of weight loss surgery. With world-renowned surgeons, a dedicated staff and cutting-edge technology, Lenox Hill offers patients the very best surgical care.
As one of the top bariatric centers in New York state, our program features:
- Highly regarded physicians. Our surgeons are world renowned for their expertise in weight loss procedures. They frequently travel across the world to teach the latest surgical techniques and attract patients from countries including Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bermuda.
- Outstanding reputation. One of the first bariatric surgery programs in New York City, the program at Lenox Hill Hospital has been named a Center of Excellence for several years by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
- Innovative research and techniques. Our surgeons are consistently engaged in the development of new treatment modalities. The program pioneered the usage of stomach intestinal pylorus-sparing surgery, which reduces the diarrhea and nutritional deficiencies common with bariatric surgery.
Surgical procedures we offer
Bariatric surgery is used to limit the amount of food your body can eat or absorb. At Lenox Hill Hospital, we currently offer the following surgical procedures:
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable banding
- Laparoscopic duodenal switch
- Laparoscopic modified duodenal switch or SIPS
- Bariatric surgery revision surgery
- Endoscopic revision
- Endoscopic primary bariatric procedures
Choosing weight loss surgery is a life-altering decision that requires your initiative and commitment. Lenox Hill Hospital offers several bariatric surgery seminars each month as a first step in this process and gives you an opportunity to find out if weight loss surgery is right for you. Topics covered include:
- Background information on obesity
- Causes of obesity, co-morbidities and criteria for surgery
- Surgical treatment options
- Potential benefits
- Possible risks and complications
- Steps to surgery and life-long commitment
- Summary / questions and answers
The seminars provide you with an opportunity to hear from a bariatric surgeon and ensure you fully understand the lifestyle changes, potential complications, benefits, risks and life-long commitment involved.